Titikaka Lake, Taquile Island and the Ancient Uros CommunityFrom $175.00, triple room basis, tourist hotel.
Lake Titikaka 3 days, 2 nights.I'm interested !
Tour Length: 3 days and 2 nights
Departures: Every day
Activities: Cultural, Ecological, Outdoor
Spots to visit: Taquile Island, Uros Community, Sillustani, Adahuaylillas, Wiracocha Temple, Pucara.
Departures: Daily from Cusco or Arequipa.
Flight needed: From Arequipa or Cusco or Lima, not included.
Bus access available are from Arequipa and Cusco or La Paz in Bolivia
Important Remark: This tour may start from Arequipa or Cusco either, we just change the order of the tours.
- Day 1 CUSCO - PUNO
- Day 2 UROS COMUNNITY - TAQUILE ISLAND
- Day 3 PUNO - SILLUSTANI
0700 AM. Early transfer to the Tourist Bus station, departure to Puno, in the way will be several guided stops: at the Andean Sistine Chapel in Adahuaylillas, with it´s unique samples of paintings of the Cusquena School. Afterwards the tour continues to the Wiracocha Temple; for the Incas Wiracocha was the organizer and the creator of the World. A break for lunch will be in Sicuani; the trip will continue afterwards to Pucara and the visit to the Lithic Museum. Arrival in Puno and transfer to your Hotel.
Early in the morning, you will have an unforgettable excursion on the waters of Lake Titikaka sailing to the Floating Islands of the Uros. These ancient inhabitants of the lake, known as the Water Tribe, have built their own islands by periodically adding new layers of a type of reed unique to the area called Totora, vegetable fibre from the Papiro family. Their homes and boats are also made from this material. We continue our motorboat trip to Taquile island, inhabited by Quechua-speaking natives who have developed efficient and unique social systems, as well as fine hand weaving techniques, down through generations. We have a walk through the various hills and archaeological sites of this 6 km long island. In the afternoon, return to Puno for overnight at your hotel; you will be amazed for the cleanness of the water, the deep blue of the sky and the beauty of the scenery.
On the way to the airport visit to the archaeological site of Sillustani located 34 kM. away from the city of Puno and at an altitude of 12,858 feet (3,840mts.) above sea level. The site is strategically positioned on the top of a peninsula surrounded by a beautiful lagoon called Umayo lagoon. The creators of the imposing burial towers are known as the Kolla´s culture; the most imposing burial towers were built for the chiefs and priests. When exploring this peninsula you can feel the raw energy emanating from this site.
- All transfers in Puno.
- Tourist Bus Cusco - Puno with entries, guide and buffet lunch.
- 02 night accommodation at the selected hotel.
- All visits as described in the itinerary.
- Complete Tour to Lake Titikaka includes typical lunch.
- All entry fees.
- Domestic flight nor Airport Taxes
- Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water.
- Other Items stocked in the Hotel mini-bars.
- Personal expenses.
- Personal Insurance of any kind.
- Tips to guides or drivers or transfers
- Aldo Dolci Tour & Travel it reserves the right to make changes to the above itinerary due to social commotion, strikes, weather conditions, flight cancellations, or lack of availability due late booking.
- If such changes happen the economic incidences resulting as a consequence of those changes will be billed to the passengers.
Very Important Remark
|Tourist Hotel: Real San Felipe, Colca Inn||Twin US $ 185, Triple US $ 171|
|Standard Hotel: Mansion del Fundador, Pozo del Cielo||Twin US $ 230, Triple US $ 210|
|First Class Hotel: Libertador, Colca Lodge||Twin US $ 385, Triple US $ 370 when available.|
|Tax and Services fee||Included|